If you shop for Billy Reid, inc., merchandise and place your orders through www.billyreid.com, any personal information that you may share with us (and with the business partners that help this site function or assist us in fulfilling your order) is kept absolutely private. Neither your name nor anything about you is sold or shared with any other non-affiliated company or agency. We do ask you for certain kinds of personal information in order to provide the services you request. This information includes:
- My account - You have the opportunity to create a personal shopping account with Billy Reid, Inc. This account will allow you to shop faster and easier and to check on order status and history. In creating this account, you authorize Billy Reid, Inc., to store your name, e-mail address, telephone number, shipping and billing addresses. This is for your convenience only. The information is not used for any other purpose.
- Mailing List - When you create an account with Billy Reid, Inc., you will be given the option to be added to the Billy Reid, Inc., mailing list. Whether or not you select this option, your personal information will never be shared with or sold to anyone. Additionally, subscriptions to the mailing list can be cancelled at any time.
- Purchases - When you place an order, you will be asked to provide your credit card information. Billy Reid, Inc., does not, however, store your credit card information.
Billy Reid, Inc, goes to great lengths to keep your financial information private and safe. We use Secure Socket Layers (SSL), the industry standard in transferring information to process your orders. The SSL encrypts, or translates, your order information into highly indecipherable code, which is processed immediately. All credit card transactions occur in a secure area of our site, to protect you from any loss, misuse or alteration of information collected. When you have finished shopping and begin the checkout process, you will move into the secure area of our site. Once you’ve entered, the page address (URL) will change from http to https, to let you know you are in a secure area. Also, a key or a closed lock will appear in the lower right hand corner of your screen to notify you of this change. You will remain in the secure zone for the entire checkout process.
You acknowledge, however, that no transmission of data over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, despite our best efforts. Thus, while we will use every means possible to ensure the security of information you transmit to us, we cannot guarantee that such information will not be intercepted by third parties.
SPOOFING AND PHISHING
A common internet scam is known as spoofing or phishing. This occurs when you receive and email from what appears to be a legitimate source requesting personal information from you. Please be aware that Billy Reid, Inc., will never send you an email requesting you to verify credit card information, bank information, or any other personal information. If you ever receive and email that appears to be from us requesting such information from you, please DO NOT respond to it, and DO NOT click on any links appearing in the email. Instead, please forward the email to us at email@example.com, as we will investigate all instances of internet fraud.
Our web site is not meant for children, and we will not collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 without verified parental consent. We will remove from our files any personally identifiable information of anyone we discover to be under the age of 13.
If you have any questions about your privacy or security at www.billyreid.com, please call us at 1-256-275-3830 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name and the address in the message.
- In order to ship and track merchandise, we make your name and address available to such companies and United Parcel Service and Federal Express. In no instances are these business affiliates allowed to use your personal information for any other purpose aside from shipping.
- To be removed from our mailing list, please email us at SERVICE@BILLYREID.COM, and include your name and the address in the message.